|Eight Questions for Educational Artists
The Real Big Test
1. How does the world work? How do you know that? How is it working now?
2. Why have school? Toward what end? What are the main trends in school now?
3. What is the social context (economic, political, etc) of school (school in general and your school in particular)today?
4. What value do school workers create?
5. What is the source of school worker power? How is that best demonstrated?
6. What evidence exists (past or present) of educators taking progressive action for social justice?
7. If school workers did win reforms (like caps on class size, a more just tax system, etc) how can those reforms best be preserved, and more won?
8. Who is really on the side of school workers, and who is not? What is to be done?
Gibson's Home Page